- National Equine Art Prize Mansfield District Racing Club
- Freddy Noble – I Spit on Your Gravy Live Frontman, Artist to the Stars – Live portrait, Melbourne Vic
- Music Group: I Spit on Your Gravy Live, Artist to the Stars – Live portrait, Gaslight Tavern, Sth Australia
- Adelaide Fringe Festival performer Reuben Kaye, Cabaret Award winner – Live Artist to the Stars
- Channel 44 Community TV Live Broadcast – Live portrait painting
- Black Stump Wine Tasting – Live painting The Little Red Door Exhibition
January – march
‘Appetite for Production’ Exhibition at Producers Bar. Part proceeds raised to Prostate cancer Foundation SA Inc – Opened by Peter Goers OAM
- Patricia Buckskin, Australian Woman of the Year commissioned by City of Port Adelaide Enfield Council – Live portrait sitting
- Port Art Exhibition 30 Year Celebration, Rotary Club of Port Adelaide -Featured Artist
Adelaide Town Hall Gala. Womens and Children’s Gala – Guest of the Lady Mayoress, Genevieve Haese. Live portrait sitting
‘Are You for Real’ – Exhibition, Adelaide Convention Centre
Archibald Art Prize – First entry
Characters of the Fleurieu Art Prize, Unley Art Prize – Finalist
Port Adelaide and Victor HarbourRotary Art Prize – Finalist
- Joined Wildwood Art Gallery, 227 Rundle Street, Adelaide.
- Painting “Blues in the Night. Magistrate Jay McGrath on Justice and Domestic Violence” exhibited as “the Foundation’s Choice” in the Kennedy Art Prize.
- Painting “Sir James Hardy. Nerida Do-well.” a finalist in the Victorian Mission to Seafarer’s Prize for Maritime Art.
- SA Bar Association annual dinner at Adelaide Oval. Artist invited to submit 8 works to be on display at the dinner, so as to inform colleagues and judges where the artist has taken her career. The Chief Justice, Anthony Durkin, Jay McGrath paintings were submitted, along with the Family Anatidae and a portrait of Ian Robertson dating back to 2008
- Participant in the Artist’s Market, Victoria Square, promoted by Emma Hack and Driller Jet Armstrong
- Finalist, St Peters Cathedral Art Prize -Finalist
Painting displayed during seminar by Jay McGrath at the AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND ASSOCIATION OF PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOLOGY AND LAW SA INC
“Lifting the Lid on Family Violence: Challenges and Responses.”
Participant in the 2015 Royal South Australian Society of Arts Winter Exhibition “Salt of the Earth.”
Finalist, Royal South Australian Society for Arts, Portrait Exhibition 2015, theme “to go beyond the realms of the human face”, painting entitled “Selvie, Sophie. Selfie.” second runner up for the People’s Choice award
First Solo Exhibition, “SOPHIE DOWNEY. Retro-Pro-Spective”, Fisher Jeffries, Gouger Street, Adelaide.
CHRISTMAS : Decision to operate as a full time artist indefinitely.
June to August
Student, New York Studio School, Life Drawing, Portrait Programme and Life Painting summer courses
Mint Artist Studio Membership, Apr – Feb 2015
Pimlotts Prize, Royal South Australian Society for Arts, “Characters of the Fleurieu” exhibition, for portrait “The Wine Drinker – Portrait of Simon Hackett” (homage to Degas’ painting “L’Absinthe”)
Adelaide University, Bachelor of Music, majoring in Jazz Performance (tenor saxophone). (I began the degree but withdrew when I was accepted by the New York Studio School)
Merit Award, Royal South Australian Society for Arts, “Summer Daze” exhibition, for portrait “Sir James Hardy”